Dall Sheep Species Management Reports and Plans
Report Period: 1 July 2016–30 June 2021
Plan Period: 1 July 2021–30 June 2026
Species management report and plan documents provide information about species that are hunted or trapped and management actions, goals, and recommendations for those species. Detailed information is prepared for each species every five years by the area management biologists for game management units in their areas. Reports are not produced for species that are not managed for hunting or trapping or for areas where there is no current or anticipated activity. Unit reports are reviewed and approved for publication by regional management coordinators. Any information taken from these reports should be cited with credit given to authors and the Alaska Department of Fish and Game. Suggested citations are included in each of the reports.
These reports provide a record of survey and inventory management activities for Dall sheep for the five regulatory years 2016–2020, and plans for the five regulatory years 2021–2025. A regulatory year (RY) runs from 1 July through 30 June (e.g., RY21 = 1 July 2021–30 June 2022). These reports are produced primarily to provide agency staff with data and analysis to help guide and record the agency's own efforts but are also provided to the public to inform them of wildlife management activities.
These unit reports are published individually, so, although the period covered remains the same for all reports, the year published may differ. To subscribe to email announcements regarding new technical publications from the Alaska Department of Fish and Game, Division of Wildlife Conservation please use the following link: http://list.state.ak.us/mailman/listinfo/adfgwildlifereport.
- Units 7 and 15 — Kenai Peninsula
- Unit 11 — South Wrangell Mountains
- Unit 12 — Mentasta, Nutzotin, and Northern Wrangell Mountains
- Units 12, 13C, and 20D — Tok Management Area
- Units 13A, 13E, 14A, and 14B — Talkeetna Mountains and Chulitna-Watana Hills
- Units 13B, 20A, and 20D — Delta Controlled Use Area
- Unit 13D — Central Chugach Mountain
- Unit 14A — Chugach Mountains
- Unit 14C — Chugach Mountains (PDF 1,510 kB)
- Units 19B and 19C — Alaska Range, Kuskokwim River
- Unit 20A — North side of the Alaska Range east of the Nenana River, west of the Delta River, and south of the Tanana River
- Units 20B, 20F, and 25C — White Mountains (PDF 560 kB)
- Units 20B, 20D, and 20E — Tanana Hills
- Unit 23 and Unit 26A — Western Brooks Range
- 24, 25A, 26B, and 26C — Eastern and Central Brooks Range