Division of Wildlife Conservation (DWC) Publication Details
Use of ice and terrestrial habitat by harbor seals in Glacier Bay, Alaska: Why pup in the ice?
- Reference: Blundell, G. M., G. W. Pendleton, J. N. Womle, J. K. Herreman, S. A. Karpovich, M. Ben-David, and S. M. Gende. 2007. Use of ice and terrestrial habitat by harbor seals in Glacier Bay, Alaska: Why pup in the ice? [abstract]. [In] Abstracts of the 17th Biennial Conference on the Biology of Marine Mammals, 29 November-3 December 2007, Cape Town, South Africa. Society for Marine Mammalogy.
- Audiences: Wildlife Manager
- Authors: Merav Ben-David, Gail M. Blundell, Scott M. Gende, Jason K. Herreman, Shawna A. Karpovich, Grey W. Pendleton, Jamie N. Womble
- Funding Sources:
- GMUs or Areas:
- Keywords: harbor seals, Phoca vitulina, pupping, offspring survival, diet, predation, Glacier Bay
- Link: http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/home/library/pdfs/wildlife/research_pdfs/ice_terrestrial_habitat_harbor_seals_glacier_bay_alaska_pup_ice.pdf (PDF)
- Primary Authors: Gail M. Blundell
- Programs: Wildlife Health, Marine Mammals
- Project Numbers:
- Publication Types: Abstract/Poster/Presentation (Scientific)
- Regions: Region I - Southeast Alaska
- Species: Harbor Seal
- Species Categories: Mammals, Marine Mammals
- Title: Use of ice and terrestrial habitat by harbor seals in Glacier Bay, Alaska: Why pup in the ice?
- Topics: Population Abundance and Trends (Survey Inventory), Research, Vital Rates, Behavioral Ecology
- Year: 2007
See more: Wildlife Publications