Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
- Sport Fish Home
- Fishing Information
- Alaska Lake Database
- Information By Area
- Guide and Charter Requirements
- Boating and Angler Access Programs
- Hatcheries and Stocking
- Nonnative & Invasive Species
- Angler Education Opportunities
- Proxy Fishing
Area Sport Fishing Reports
Recent Tanana News Releases
June 26, 2015
- Smoky conditions are being experienced throughout the Tanana drainage due to multiple wildfires in the area. This is likely impacting recreational opportunities.
- The mainstem Tanana River has been rising, but tributaries remain low and clear.
- Northern pike fishing was good at George Lake last weekend (June 20-21). The outlet creek is still really low and heavier bigger boats are having a hard time making it in.
- Fishing at Kens Pond was reported as good last week.
- Remember that fishing for Northern pike in Harding Lake and Little Harding Lake is prohibited.
- Sport fishing for king salmon in the Tanana drainage is prohibited by emergency order.