Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
- Sport Fish Home
- Fishing Information
- Alaska Lake Database
- Information By Area
- Guide and Charter Requirements
- Boating and Angler Access Programs
- Hatcheries and Stocking
- Nonnative & Invasive Species
- Angler Education Opportunities
- Proxy Fishing
Area Sport Fishing Reports
Recent Tanana News Releases
July 16, 2015
- The Tanana River Drainage is closed by emergency order to fishing for king salmon, including catch and release.
- Fishing for graying at Rock Creek and Tangle River is excellent, anywhere from 8in to >18in. hitting on flies.
- Rainbow trout fishing is excellent at Donna and Little Donna lakes.
- Quartz Lake still producing great catches using roe or black jigs.
- Fishing for northern pike at George Lake has been great, access is better now that we have had some rain and the Tanana is higher.
- Remember the fishing for Northern pike in Harding and Little Harding lakes is prohibited.