Area Sport Fishing Reports
Archived Sport Fishing Report
June 20, 2017
General information is available on seasonal fishing opportunities in Yakutat by clicking on the link at left; Information By Area,... and navigating through links for Yakutat,... Fishing Opportunities.
Additionally, if you are planning a trip, looking at the archived reports, via the links below, can give anglers some feel for the timing and availability of fish during past years.
Also, the recent year’s marine fishing harvest success data can be found by following the link above right, "marine harvest rates".
Regulation summaries and the most recent regulatory changes are available at the Yakutat ADF&G office, most local tackle and outdoor stores in Alaska, and online at: http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/sf/EONR/index.cfm?ADFG=area.list&Year=2017&AreaID=18
For further information, please feel free to contact the ADF&G Sport Fish management biologist: Matt Catterson at (907) 747-5380
- The Situk River steelhead fishery has come to end. We had a strong run this season with over 6000 fish counted through the weir.
- Anglers are reminded that fishing for king salmon in the Situk River is closed. All possible efforts should be made to avoid these fish.
- The Situk River sockeye run continues to be strong, over 30,000 fish have passed through the weir and should provide good angling opportunity throughout the river.
- King salmon fishing in saltwater has been good this Spring
- Halibut fishing has been good as is expected this time of the year.
- Lingcod season began on May 16th and will remain open until the end of November