Area Sport Fishing Reports
Archived Sport Fishing Report
January 14, 2020
Winter Fishing Report 2020
- There are plenty of local stocked lakes that provide a nice, quiet winter fishing opportunity in the Soldotna, Kenai, Kasilof, Cooper Landing, and Moose Pass areas.
- Ice fishing for rainbow trout, Arctic char, Arctic grayling, and land locked salmon is good to excellent. Try fishing Johnson, Sport, Scout, Elephant (Spirit), and Island lakes.
- Lake trout fishing on Hidden Lake is fair. Only one per day and one in possession, must be less than 16 inches in length.
- Visit the ADF&G office at 43961 Kalifornsky Beach Road, Suite B, Soldotna, AK to pick up various Stocked Lakes Series Brochures that provide directions, stocking information, bathymetric maps, and harvest information.
- The “Salmon in the Classroom” ice fishing events will be held at Sport Lake on February 26 and 27, 2020. This event is for local area elementary school students to participate in and learn about ice fishing. Schools must preregister. ADF&G will be stocking Scout Lake prior to the event with catchable Chinook salmon.
Please review the Emergency Orders and News Releases below in their entirety before heading out on your next fishing trip.
- Emergency Order 2-NP-1-02-20 prohibits the retention of any species of fish in East Mackey, West Mackey, Sevena, Union, and Derks lakes in 2020.
- Emergency Order 2-DV-1-01-20 prohibits the retention of Arctic char/Dolly Varden in Stormy Lake in 2020.
This fishing report will be updated when additional information is available. For current seasonal information, please contact the Soldotna office at (907) 262-9368.