Area Sport Fishing Reports
February 4, 2021
* Just a reminder to all our anglers, please do your part to help slow the spread of Covid-19 by following and reviewing the current State of Alaska Health Mandates in effect. This includes practicing social distancing while sport and personal use fishing and wearing a face covering when fishing and if you are needing fishing supplies from your local store as indicated in Health Alert 012.
Please review the Emergency Orders and News Releases below in their entirety before heading out on your next fishing trip.
- Emergency Order 2-NP-1-02-21 prohibits the retention of any species of fish in East Mackey, West Mackey, Derks, Union and Sevena lakes for the 2021 season.
- Emergency Oder 2-DV-1-01-21 prohibits the retention of Arctic char/Dolly Varden in Stormy Lake for the 2021 season.
- There are plenty of locally stocked lakes that provide a nice, quiet winter fishing opportunity in the Soldotna, Kenai, Kasilof, Cooper Landing, and Moose Pass areas.
- Ice fishing for rainbow trout, Arctic char, and landlocked salmon is good to excellent. Try fishing Johnson, Sport, Scout, Elephant (Spirit), Island, or Swanson River Road lakes.
- Sport Lake was stocked with approximately 1,700 catchable sized chinook salmon (roughly 7 - 14 inches in length) on February 4, 2021.
- Visit the ADF&G Alaska Lakes Database or check out the Kenai Peninsula Stocked Lakes publication for directions, stocking information, bathymetric maps, catch, harvest and effort information.
Don’t forget to purchase your 2021 sport fishing license! Help maximize social distancing and purchase your 2021 sport fishing license through the ADF&G Online Store and print it off from the comfort of your own home. Also, make sure to review Emergency Orders and the Southcentral Sport Fishing Regulations Summary booklet for the area you are fishing before you head out.
This fishing report will be updated when additional information is available. For current seasonal information, please contact the ADF&G Soldotna office at (907) 262-9368.