(Released: July 22, 2020)
CONTACT: Tom Taube
(Headquarters) - The Alaska Department of Fish and Game – Division of Sport Fish is requesting that people utilize online resources to obtain permits or sport fishing licenses to help minimize the transmission of coronavirus (COVID-19). ADF&G staff are committed to continuing to serve the public while maintaining a healthy and safe working environment. A list of available online resources is provided below.
Additionally, if you have questions or need fishing information, please contact your local ADF&G office. Contact numbers can be found here: https://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=contacts.main .
If you need to:
- Purchase a license or register a sport fishing guide or guide business
- Apply for a Senior or Disabled Veteran License
- Obtain a sport, personal use or subsistence permit
Please visit our online store at: https://www.adfg.alaska.gov/Store/
Report your personal use or subsistence fishing permit harvest: https://www.adfg.alaska.gov/Harvest/
Sport fishing guides and business operators:
- Sport fishing guide or business registration information is here: https://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=SFGuidesLicense.Businesslicense
- Saltwater log book information can be found here (Saltwater charter businesses should consider signing up to use eLogBook): https://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=SFGuidesLicense.Logbook
For the latest updates on coronavirus (COVID-19):
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
- Department of Health and Social Services (DHSS): http://www.dhss.alaska.gov/dph/Epi/id/Pages/COVID-19/default.aspx
Please practice social distancing and follow local mandates regarding the wearing of masks in public places. If you must visit an ADF&G office and your community has a mask mandate, please wear a mask.
For more information, please contact Deputy Director Tom Taube at (907) 465-6184.