Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
- Sport Fish Home
- Fishing Information
- Alaska Lake Database
- Information By Area
- Guide and Charter Requirements
- Boating and Angler Access Programs
- Hatcheries and Stocking
- Nonnative & Invasive Species
- Angler Education Opportunities
- Proxy Fishing
SE Regional Management Coordinator
Phone: (907) 747-5551
May 12, 2014
The Alaska Department of Fish and Game announced today that the lingcod sport fishing seasons, bag and possession limits, annual limits, and size limits have been established for the Northern Southeast Area (see attached map). In this area the following regulations apply:
Northern Southeast Area
- Season: May 16 – November 30.
- Residents – 1 daily 2 in possession, no size limit.
- Nonresidents – 1 daily, 1 in possession, size limit: 30 inches or greater in length and less than 35 inches in length, or 55 inches or greater in length. An annual limit of 2 fish, one of which is 30 to 35 inches in length, one of which is 55 inches or greater in length. Nonresident anglers shall immediately record, in ink, all lingcod harvested either on the back of their sport fishing license or on a nontransferable harvest record.
- Charter operators and crew members may not retain lingcod while clients are on board the vessel.
These regulations are designed to ensure that the sport harvest of lingcod stays within the sport fishery allocations established by the Board of Fisheries.
These regulations are also outlined on page 10 within the Southeast Alaska 2014 Sport Fishing Regulations Summary. The Southeast Alaska 2014 Sport Fishing Regulation Summaries are available at all local ADF&G Sport Fish Division offices and at most sport fishing license vendors.
For further information, contact the nearest ADF&G office or visit: