Area Management Biologist
Phone: (907) 262-9368
March 08, 2012
The Alaska Department of Fish and Game, Division of Sport Fish, announces that three public scoping meetings will be held in March 2012 to discuss alternatives for addressing the invasive northern pike issue in the Soldotna Creek Drainage. The meetings will provide an opportunity to:
- Learn about impacts caused by invasive northern pike;
- Hear about a plan the department is considering that could remove invasive northern pike from the drainage and restore its native fishes; and
- Share your views and observations with the department.
The department has contracted USKH, a multi-discipline design firm, to facilitate these public meetings. Information gathered from these meetings will help guide the department’s response to address the presence of invasive northern pike in the Soldotna Creek Drainage.
Public scoping meetings will be held at the Environmental Education Center building (log building north of the visitor parking lot) located at the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge Headquarters and Visitor Center on Ski Hill Road. The dates and times of the meetings are as follows:
- Thursday March 22 - 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm (slide show at 12:15 pm)
- Thursday March 22 - 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm (slide show at 6:45 pm)
- Saturday March 24 - 10:30 am to 12:00 pm (slide show at 10:45am)
- END -