Area Sport Fishing Reports
Archived Sport Fishing Report
June 04, 2019
Week of June 5 - June 11
- Fishing for Arctic char remains hot in the Wood River Lakes system. Try casting or jigging spoons or stripping large streamers at the outlets of rivers in the system.
- Fishing for northern pike in lakes throughout Bristol Bay has been excellent. Try casting spoons, surface lures, or streamers close to shore in shallow weedy bays.
- Rainbow trout fishing remains closed through June 7 in numerous drainages throughout Bristol Bay to protect spawning fish. Please see pages 13 to 21 in the 2019 Southwest Alaska Sport Fishing Regulations Summary booklet for details.
- Fishing for rainbow trout in areas that remain open to fishing has been reported as good. Try casting spinners or streamers.
- In the Naknek, Alagnak, and Kvichak river drainages fishing for rainbow trout opens June 8. Fishing should be good to excellent this week as rainbows feed on out-migrating salmon smolt.
- Fishing has been fair for halibut near Protection Point.
- There are currently no Emergency Orders for the Bristol Bay Management Area.
- Please check the website or call the Dillingham office prior to travelling to Bristol Bay for the latest update.
For additional information, please contact the Bristol Bay Area Office at (907) 842-2427.