Area Sport Fishing Reports
Archived Sport Fishing Report
May 22, 2019
Week of May 22 - May 28
- Fishing for Arctic char has been hot on the Wood River Lakes system. Try casting or jigging spoons or stripping large streamers at the outlets of rivers in the system.
- Fishing for northern pike in lakes throughout Bristol Bay has been good. Try casting spoons or streamers close to shore in shallow weedy bays.
- Rainbow trout fishing is currently closed in numerous drainages throughout Bristol Bay to protect spawning fish. Please see pages 13-21 in the 2019 Southwest Sport Fishing Regulations Summary booklet for details.
- Fishing for rainbow trout in areas that remain open to fishing has been reported as good. Try casting spinners or streamers.
- Fishing has been fair for halibut near Protection Point.
There are currently no emergency orders in effect or pending for the Bristol Bay Management Area.
For additional information, please contact the Bristol Bay Area Office at (907) 842-2427.