Area Sport Fishing Reports
June 20, 2019
Week of June 20 - June 26
- Part of Ship Creek is currently open to salmon fishing and fishing for king salmon continues to be good. Both lures and bait have been catching fish. Get to the creek a few hours before high tide to prepare for the incoming fish.
- Chester and Campbell creeks opened to fishing on June 15 for non-salmon species.
- Bird Creek is currently closed to ALL fishing.
Rainbow Trout/Dolly Varden/Arctic Char
- Chester and Campbell creeks opened to sportfishing for non-salmon species on June 15. Chester and Campbell are currently closed to all salmon fishing.
- Anchorage area lakes are stocked with fish! And fishing well. Local lakes are a great option to easily get the family fishing.
- Grayling are back! Alder Pond and Beach lakes were stocked with Arctic grayling and are fishing well! These are a fun fish to catch on a fly or lure.
- Mirror Lake is a good option and has been fishing well for rainbow trout.
- Little Campbell Lake was stocked with some nice rainbow trout. A canoe and dry flies would make for a nice evening activity this week.
- Over 2,000 Arctic char were stocked in Sand Lake a couple of weeks ago. This lake should continue to fish well throughout the summer. Limited shore access makes this a better lake to get your canoe or kayak.
- Lakes on JBER that have been stocked with catchable rainbow trout including Green, Clunie, Hillberg, Spring, and Gwen. Reports are that all the lakes on base have been fishing well!
- Symphony Lake will open to fishing on July 1.
- Northern pike are not native to Anchorage area lakes but there are some in Lower Fire Lake. If you catch a pike in any Anchorage area lake, please do not release it and please contact the ADF&G Sport Fish Division immediately at 907-267-2218.
- Dipnetting for hooligan is closed in saltwaters and freshwaters.
- There are currently no Emergency Orders for the Anchorage Management Area.
For additional information, please contact the ADF&G Anchorage Sport Fish Info Desk at (907) 267-2218