The Alaska Department of Fish and Game (ADF&G) accepts nominations for additions to the AWC year round with a formal call for nominations from Sept. 1 through Sept. 30 annually. Nominations may be submitted for purposes of:
Comments are also welcome on the introductory text and how to make the Catalog and Atlas more user friendly.
Anyone can request a change to the Anadromous Waters Catalog. However, requests from outside the ADF&G will need to be verified by ADF&G personnel. If you know of any water bodies that support spawning, rearing or migration of anadromous fish species, please submit a completed nomination form to the following location:
ADF&G Sport Fish Division Regional Office
ATTN: J. Johnson
333 Raspberry Road
Anchorage, Alaska 99518
Be sure to review the Guidelines and instructions before filling out the nomination form found below:
The completed nomination form must contain all of the following information:
- A copy of the USGS Quadrangle marked to show the part of the water body where anadromous fish usage has been documented.
- The name of the water body if it has one (recognized local names should be listed as such).
- Dates, numbers, species of fish and life stage observed (spawning, rearing or migration).
- Name, signature and address of observer.
- Type of survey (i.e., aerial survey, foot survey, electro-fishing, minnow trapping, seining, etc.) and survey conditions.
- Additional comments about the water body are also very important. Information such as extent and quality of fish habitat, barriers blocking fish passage, stream morphology data, etc. Copies of the actual survey data and photos may also be attached.