Area Sport Fishing Reports
May 18, 2018
Regulation Reminders and Emergency Orders
- Anglers are reminded to review Emergency Orders and News Releases and the 2018 Southwest Sport Fishing Regulations Summary booklet for the Bristol Bay Area before heading out on their next fishing trip.
- Sport fishing for king salmon is currently closed throughout Bristol Bay.
Rainbow Trout, Dolly Varden, Arctic Grayling
- In the Naknek and Alagnak drainages sport fishing is currently closed from the ADF&G marker ½ mile above Rapids Camp to ADF&G marker at Trefon’s cabin.
- In the Togiak River and nearby drainages, no fishing reports have been reported yet this season.
- In the Wood River Lakes system fishing is reported to be fair to good for rainbows, dollies, and grayling.
- In the Naknek and Alagnak drainages fishing should be good.
- In the Wood River Lake system fishing should be fair along the lake, slough shores, and in shallow bays.
- In the Nushagak Bay area fishing should be fair off the coast of Protection Point.
- Halibut are federally managed by NOAA. Make sure you know the regulations! Unguided and guided anglers have different rules to follow. A more extensive description of the Federal Regulations can be found on NOAA’s Fisheries Sport Halibut Fishing in Alaska webpage.