Region 1-Southeast News Release
(Released: May 02, 2019 - Expires: November 30, 2019)
Division of Sport Fish
Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Contact: Bob Chadwick, SE Regional Management Coordinator
The Alaska Department of Fish and Game announced today that the lingcod sport fishing seasons, bag and possession limits, annual limits, and size limits have been established for the Northern Southeast Area (see attached map). In this area the following regulations apply:
Northern Southeast Area
- Season: May 16 – November 30
- Residents – 1 daily, 2 in possession, no size limit.
- Nonresidents – 1 daily, 1 in possession, size limit: 30 to 35 inches in length or 55 inches or greater in length. Annual limit of 2 fish, one of which is 30 to 35 inches in length, and one of which is 55 inches or greater in length.
- Nonresident anglers shall immediately record the date and location (body of water fished), in ink, of all lingcod harvested either on the back of their sport fishing license or on their nontransferable harvest record.
- Charter operators and crew members may not retain lingcod while clients are on board the vessel.
These regulations are also outlined on page 11 within the Southeast Alaska 2019 Sport Fishing Regulations Summary. The Southeast Alaska 2019 Sport Fishing Regulation Summaries are available at most sport fishing license vendors, all local ADF&G Sport Fish Division offices, and online at http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/regulations/fishregulations/PDFs/southeast/2019se_sfregs_general_saltwater.pdf
These regulations are designed to ensure that the sport harvest of lingcod stays within the sport fishery allocations established by the Board of Fisheries.
For further information, contact the nearest ADF&G office or visit: