Division of Sport Fish
Alaska Department of Fish and Game
CONTACT: Jason Pawluk
(Yakutat) - The Alaska Department of Fish and Game announced today that the lingcod sport fishing seasons, bag and possession limits, annual limits, and size limits have been established for the Yakutat Area (see attached map). In this area the following regulations apply:
- Season: May 16 – November 30
- Residents – 1 daily, 2 in possession, no size limit.
- Nonresidents – 1 daily, 1 in possession, no size limit: annual limit of 2 fish.
- Nonresident anglers shall immediately record the date and location (body of water fished), of all lingcod harvested either on their sport fishing license or on their nontransferable harvest record.
- Charter operators and crew members may not retain lingcod while clients are on board the vessel.
These regulations are also outlined on page 16 within the Southeast Alaska 2021 Sport Fishing Regulations Summary. The Southeast Alaska 2021 Sport Fishing Regulation Summaries are available at all local ADF&G Division of Sport Fish offices, at most sport fishing license vendors, or online.
These regulations are designed to ensure that the sport harvest of lingcod stays within fishery allocations established by the Alaska Board of Fisheries.
For further information, contact the nearest ADF&G office or view online Emergency Orders and Press Releases web pages.