Please Read Before Proceeding:
NOTICE: Anadromous Fish Streams data presented through the Alaska Department of Fish and Game's (ADF&G) Anadromous Fish Streams Internet Map Site (IMS) is derived from the ADF&G's GIS coverages. Maps depict the rivers, streams and lakes known to contain anadromous fish species within Alaska (from the mouth to the known upper extent of species usage). These data sets are provided for general reference and to aid users in generating various natural resource analyses and products. It incorporates hydrography and species distribution and use data from a variety of sources in addition to other basic map data such as towns, highways, section grids and USGS base maps, etc. Note that the ADF&G updates this dataset fairly regularly and that stream numbers, locations, extent of cataloged habitat or species utilization of a given stream may change from year to year. AWC stream data is updated annually on June 1st.
Data does not represent the official legal version of these documents and should not be relied upon for making decisions regarding permitting needs. The user should consult the current revision of the Atlas to the Catalog of Waters Important for the Spawning, Rearing or Migration of Anadromous Fishes to determine if a permit is required under AS 16.05.871 - 881 and 5 AAC 95.011.
- Although extensive effort has been made to produce error free and complete data, all geographic information has limitations due to the scale, resolution, date and interpretation of the original source materials.
- You should consult available data documentation (metadata) for these particular data to determine their limitations and the precision to which they depict distance, direction, location or other geographic characteristics.
- These data may be subject to periodic change without prior notification.
- No Warranty: These data are provided as is, without any warranty whatsoever, including but not limited to any warranty as to their performance, merchantability, or fitness for any particular purpose.
- Liability: the user assumes the entire risk as to the results of the use of these data.
- The Department of Fish and Game is not responsible for any interpretation or conclusions based on these data made by those who acquire or use it.
- The Department of Fish and Game shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, compensatory or consequential damages or third party claims resulting from the use of these data, even if the Department of Fish and Game has been advised of the possibility of such potential loss or damage.