Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Sport Fishing Guides & Charter Requirements
Business/Guide Registration Application
2015 Business Owner/Guide Registration Application (PDF 240 kB)
IMPORTANT: This form alone does not allow you to legally guide or operate your guiding business. You must have a registration that has been signed by a department representative before initiating any guiding services. A permanent registration will be mailed to you within 14 days. Do not provide guided services until you receive your permanent registration.
- Print both the instructions page and the registration application.
- Follow the instructions as you fill out all applicable sections of the registration application.
- All applicable sections must be complete and legible, and they must reflect current certificate and license numbers.
- Send the application to the address noted in the upper portion of the form;
State of Alaska
Dept. of Fish and Game - Sport Fish RTS
333 Raspberry Rd.
Anchorage, Alaska 99518-1599
- Do NOT fax or e-mail the application. An original signature must be on file.
- Sign and date your application.
- Incomplete or illegible forms will be returned, resulting in a processing delay.
- Please allow 14 days for processing and receipt of a validated registration.
Saltwater & Freshwater Logbook Pages
All Sport Fishing Business Operations intending to provide guided fishing services for compensation MUST acquire a Logbook.
If your business begins operation prior to the availability of the current year logbook, please proceed with the following method to log your trips:
- Download the Saltwater or Freshwater Logbook pages (see below) in order to track your activity until Logbooks become available in your area Fish & Game office (1st part of March). Instructions for completing the Logbook page are included in the download.
- Transfer the logbook number, from the logbook assigned to you, onto the temporary logbook data pages before mailing to ADF&G.
Do not send this temporary data page to ADF&G without the current year Logbook number. If no Logbook number appears, ADF&G will not be able to credit your business with the fishing information.