Area Sport Fishing Reports
Archived Sport Fishing Report
June 26, 2017
Regulation summaries and the most recent regulatory changes are available online and at the Yakutat ADF&G office, most local tackle and outdoor stores in Alaska.
For further information, please feel free to contact the ADF&G Sport Fish management biologist: Matt Catterson at (907) 747-5380
- The Situk River steelhead fishery has come to end. We had a strong run this season with over 6000 fish counted through the weir.
- Anglers are reminded that fishing for king salmon in the Situk River is closed. All possible efforts should be made to avoid these fish.
- The Situk River sockeye run continues to be strong, over 30,000 fish have passed through the weir and should provide good angling opportunity throughout the river.
- King salmon fishing in saltwater has been good this Spring
- Coho salmon are begining to be caught in outside marine waters
- Halibut fishing has been good so far this summer and catch rates typically increase and remain stable throughout the early fall.
- Lingcod season began on May 16th and will remain open until the end of November