Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Dall Sheep Hunting in Alaska
DS206 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2014
Hunt Number: DS206
Regulatory Year: 2014
Hunt Type: Draw
Species: Dall Sheep
Legal Animal: Full curl
Number of Permits
|Residency||Number of Permits|
|Alaska residents||Up to 4 permits|
|Nonresidents||Up to 4 permits|
20(D) & 20(E), Mt. Harper
Aug 10 - Sept 20
- Hunt available to Nonresidents
- Hunt available to Alaska residents
- Report by mail within 5 days of completion of hunt.
- Specimens Required: Horns attached to skull plate. Must be sealed by ADF&G or AWT within 30 days of kill.
Report by mail within 15 days of season end.
If you did not hunt, you may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
Additional Requirements and Information
- Hunt Area: that portion of Unit 20D north of the Alaska Highway and that portion of 20E within the Middle Fork of the Fortymile River drainage north and west of the north bank upstream from and including the Joseph Creek drainage (south of the Yukon-Charley Rivers National Preserve).
- This area is primarily accessible by light aircraft. Sheep density is low.
Hunt conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.