Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Dall Sheep Hunting in Alaska
DS204 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2014
Hunt Number: DS204
Regulatory Year: 2014
Hunt Type: Draw
Species: Dall Sheep
Legal Animal: Full curl
Number of Permits
|Residency||Number of Permits|
|Alaska residents||54 – 60 permits|
|Nonresidents||Up to 6 permits|
20D, 13B, and 20A, Delta CUA
Aug. 26 - Sept. 20
- Hunt available to Nonresidents
- Hunt available to Alaska residents
- Report by mail within 5 days of completion of hunt.
- Specimens Required: Horns attached to skull plate. Must be sealed by ADF&G or AWT within 30 days of kill.
Report by mail within 15 days of season end.
If you did not hunt, you may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
Additional Requirements and Information
- Hunt Area: those portions of Units 20D, 13B and 20A beginning at the confluence of Miller Creek and the Delta River then west to Vertical Angle Bench Mark(VABM) Miller, then west to include all drainages of Augustana Creek and Black Rapids Glacier, then north and east to include all drainages of McGinnis Creek to its confluence with the Delta River, then east in a straight line across the Delta River to the east bank of the Delta River, then north along the east bank to a point opposite the intersection of the Alaska and Richardson Highways, then east in a straight line to the intersection of the Alaska and Richardson Highways, then east along the Alaska Highway to the west bank of the Johnson River, then south along the west bank of the Johnson River and Johnson Glacier to the head of the Canwell Glacier, then west along the north bank of the Canwell Glacier and Miller Creek to the Delta River.
- Additional Information can be found at http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=sheephunting.delta
Hunt conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.