Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Dall Sheep Hunting in Alaska
DS156 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2014
Hunt Number: DS156
Regulatory Year: 2014
Hunt Type: Draw
Species: Dall Sheep
Legal Animal: Full curl
Number of Permits
|Residency||Number of Permits|
|Alaska residents||Up to 6 permits|
|Nonresidents||Up to 6 permits|
7, Crescent Lake
Aug 10 - Sep 20
- Hunt available to Nonresidents
- Hunt available to Alaska residents
- Successful hunters, report If successful, report in person with horns and hunt report to Anchorage, Homer, Palmer, or Soldotna ADF&G within 5 days of kill
- Specimens Required: Horns to be measured.
Unsuccessful hunters, including hunters that did not hunt, report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov or by mail within 15 days of season end
If you hunted unsuccessfully or did not hunt, you may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
Additional Requirements and Information
- Hunt Area: that portion of Unit 7 south of the Sterling Highway, west of the Seward Highway, and north and east of Kenai Lake.
- Hunters must bring in their horns for measuring to the Anchorage, Homer, Soldotna, or Palmer Fish & Game office within 10 days of the kill.
Hunt conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.