Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Moose Hunting in Alaska
RM841 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2014
Hunt Number: RM841
Regulatory Year: 2014
Hunt Type: Registration
Legal Animal: Sept 1- Sept 14 One antlered bull moose
Unit 22A Central
Alaska residents only
- Report within 2 days of kill in person, online at hunt.alaska.gov, (907-443-2271 or 800-560-2271; leave message at Ext 8189).
- Specimens Required: None
Report by Sept 30 in person, online at hunt.alaska.gov, (907) 443-2271 or (800) 560-2271 (leave a message at Ext 8189), or by pre-paid mail.
You may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
1) PERMIT AVAILABILITY: Permit available in person at license vendor in Unalakleet beginning August 1.
2) WHEN: Sept. 1 – Sept. 14. Season closed by emergency order when the combined state/federal harvest quota is reached. Quota: Unit 22A Central = 22 bulls.
3) WHERE: Unit 22A Central, that portion in the Unalakleet River drainage and all drainages flowing into Norton Sound north of the Golsovia River drainage and south of the Tagoomenik and Shaktoolik river drainages. Consult the Federal Subsistence Management Regulations for information regarding Federal Public Lands in Alaska.
4) BAG LIMIT: One (1) antlered bull moose.
5) SPECIMENS REQUIRED: None.
6) REQUIREMENTS: You may only kill one (1) moose per regulatory year. If you have killed a moose anywhere in Alaska during the current regulatory year, this permit is not valid.
7) REPORTING: Successful hunters must report their harvest within 2 days of kill. Unsuccessful hunters and those who did not hunt must submit their hunt report by September 30.
Hunters can report in person, online at hunt.alaska.gov, by telephone (907) 443-2271 or (800) 560-2271 (leave a message at Ext 8189), or by pre-paid mail. Harvest report cards must be returned to ADF&G regardless of phone or internet reporting.
8) WHO QUALIFIES: Alaska residents.
9) SIGNATURE: You must sign your permit and comply with the permit hunt conditions and any additional restrictions found in the Alaska Hunting Regulations. You must carry your signed permit while hunting or transporting moose within the registration permit area and you must show it to any person authorized to enforce state or federal laws who requests to see it.
Hunt conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.