Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Moose Hunting in Alaska
RM445 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2014
Hunt Number: RM445
Regulatory Year: 2014
Hunt Type: Registration
Legal Animal: One (1) bull moose, by bow and arrow only
Season: Sept. 2 - Oct. 20
- Hunt available to Nonresidents
- Hunt available to Alaska residents
- Report in person or online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov within 3 days of kill.
- Specimens Required: None
Report within 15 days of the close of the season.
You may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
1) PERMIT: The RM445 permit shall be in the possession of the permittee while hunting or transporting moose and shall be exhibited to any person authorized to enforce state and federal laws who requests to see it. The permit is NONTRANSFERABLE.
2) WHEN: September 2 - October 20
3) WHERE: The drainages of Eklutna River and Eklutna Lake upstream from the Old Glenn Highway, excluding those drainages flowing into the East Fork of Eklutna River upstream from the bridge above the lake and Thunderbird Creek. The permittee is solely responsible for securing permission to trespass on private land.
4) BAG LIMIT: One (1) bull moose, by bow and arrow only. If you have killed a moose anywhere in Alaska during the current regulatory year, you are not eligible to particpate in this hunt.
5) METHOD: Bow and arrow only. Bowhunter certification is required.
6) REPORTING- SUCCESSFUL hunters: Report online at http://hunt.alaska.gov, or in person to ADFG in Anchorage or Palmer within three (3) days of kill.
UNSUCCESSFUL hunters or permittees who DID NOT HUNT: Report online at http://hunt.alaska.gov, in person to ADFG in Anchorage or Palmer, or by mail to the Anchorage office, within 15 days of the close of the season.
7) PENALTY FOR FAILURE TO REPORT: If you fail to report, you will not be eligible to receive any permits (drawing, tier II, or registration) during the next regulatory year. In addition, your name will be turned over to the Alaska Wildlife Troopers for enforcement action.
Hunts conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.