Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Moose Hunting in Alaska
DM816 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2014
Hunt Number: DM816
Regulatory Year: 2014
Hunt Type: Draw
Legal Animal: Resident - Any bull. Nonresident - Bull with 50-inch antlers or antlers with 4 or more brow tines on at least one side.
Number of Permits
|Residency||Number of Permits|
|Alaska residents||Up to 25 permits|
|Nonresidents||Up to 25 permits|
21D, Yuki/Bishop Creek drainages
Sept. 5 - Sept. 25
- Hunt available to Nonresidents
- Hunt available to Alaska residents
- Online, by mail or in person to Galena ADF&G within 10 days of kill.
- Specimens Required: None
Online, by mail or in person to ADF&G within 15 days of season end.
You may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
Additional Requirements and Information
- Hunt Area: Unit 21D, that portion of the Yukon River drainage south of the north bank of the Yukon River and upstream from the tip of Cone Point.
- Successful resident and nonresident hunters are required to attach their locking moose tag to the antlers of the moose they harvest at the site of the kill. Successful resident and nonresident hunters cannot detach the antlers from the skull plate of the moose.
- A hunter that draws a permit for this area cannot receive Registration Permits RM832 or RM834.
Hunt conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.