Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Moose Hunting in Alaska
DM538 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2014
Hunt Number: DM538
Regulatory Year: 2014
Hunt Type: Draw
Legal Animal: Bull with 50-inch or larger antlers or at least 3 brow tines on at least one antler.
Number of Permits
|Residency||Number of Permits|
|Alaska residents||Up to 10 permits|
|Nonresidents||Up to 10 permits|
15B, Indian Creek
Sep 1 - Sep 20
- Hunt available to Nonresidents
- Hunt available to Alaska residents
- Report in person during normal business hours to Homer, Soldotna, Anchorage, or Palmer within 10 days of kill.
- Specimens Required: Antlers naturally attached to skull plate for measuring.
Report by mail, or in person to ADF&G within 15 days of season end
If you hunted unsuccessfully or did not hunt, you may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
Additional Requirements and Information
- Hunt Area: that portion of Unit 15B bordered on the northeast by Bear Creek to its headwaters directly to the headwaters of the Funny River then southwest across the divide along the northeast side of Indian Glacier to the Harding Icefield, on the south and southwest by the Harding Icefield and Tustumena Glacier, and on the west by the east bank of Glacier Creek and shore of Tustumena Lake to the mouth of Bear Creek.
Hunts conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.