Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Moose Hunting in Alaska
DM532 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2014
Hunt Number: DM532
Regulatory Year: 2014
Hunt Type: Draw
Legal Animal: Bull with 50-inch or larger antlers or at least 3 brow tines on at least one antler.
Number of Permits
|Residency||Number of Permits|
|Alaska residents||Up to 6 permits|
|Nonresidents||Up to 6 permits|
15B, Funny & Killey Rivers
Sep 1 - Sep 20
- Hunt available to Nonresidents
- Hunt available to Alaska residents
- Report in person to Homer, Soldotna, Anchorage, or Palmer within 10 days of kill.
- Specimens Required: Antlers naturally attached to the skull plate for measuring.
Report by mail, or in person to ADF&G within 15 days of season end
If you hunted unsuccessfully or did not hunt, you may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
Additional Requirements and Information
- Hunt Area: that portion of Unit 15B bordered on the north by the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge boundary, on the east by Killey River and Killey Glacier, on the south by Harding Icefield, and on the west by the eastern-most fork of the Funny River to its head, then southeast across the divide along the northeast side of Indian Glacier to the Harding Icefield.
- Access into Subunit 15B is difficult. Horses are generally necessary for a successful hunt. ATV's are not permitted in this area, and aircraft access is extremely limited.
Hunts conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.