Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Moose Hunting in Alaska
DM448 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2014
Hunt Number: DM448
Regulatory Year: 2014
Hunt Type: Draw
Legal Animal: Bull, bull calves are legal in this hunt
Number of Permits
|Residency||Number of Permits|
|Alaska residents||Up to 3 permits|
|Nonresidents||Up to 3 permits|
14C, Birchwood Management Area
Sept 2 - Sept 30
- Hunt available to Nonresidents
- Hunt available to Alaska residents
- Report online or by mail within 10 days of kill.
- Specimens Required: None
Report by mail, or in person to ADF&G within 15 days of season end
You may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
Additional Requirements and Information
- Hunt Area: that portion of Unit 14C west of the Old Glenn Highway between JBER and Peters Creek. Most of this area is privately owned and moose hunting is not allowed in Beach Lake Park; therefore, hunter success is lower than in other areas.
- Bowhunters: you must be IBEP (International Bowhunters Education Program) certified prior to hunting in DM448. Call ADF&G for more information.
Hunt conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.