Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Moose Hunting in Alaska
DM428 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2014
Hunt Number: DM428
Regulatory Year: 2014
Hunt Type: Draw
Legal Animal: Bull, bull calves are legal in this hunt
Number of Permits
|Residency||Number of Permits|
|Alaska residents||Up to 12 permits|
|Nonresidents||Up to 12 permits|
14C, Joint Base Elmendorf Richardson
Sept 3 - Sep 30
- Hunt available to Nonresidents
- Hunt available to Alaska residents
- Report online or by mail within 10 days of kill.
- Specimens Required: None
Report online, by mail, or in person to ADF&G within 15 days of season end.
You may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
Additional Requirements and Information
- Hunt Area: a portion of Joint Base Elmendorf Richardson Management Area.
- Bowhunters: you must be IBEP (International Bowhunters Education Program) certified prior to hunting in DM428. Call 267-2187 for more information on these classes.
- Check in/out on a daily basis.
- Warning: JBER hunts are subject to closure due to military operations. Hunts may be stopped for specific time periods or limited to specific areas on short (6 hours) notice. Permits will be issued to successful applicants after attending a mandatory orientation on a date(s) to be announced. JBER will require successful applicants to pay a $125 access fee, and may require successful applicants to demonstrate proficiency with the weapon they intend to use.
Hunts conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.