Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Marine Mammals Program Publications
If you would like to receive a reprint of any scientific publication based on research conducted by the ADF&G Marine Mammal staff please contact us.
Our publications can be viewed from all years, or those in press, or you may choose a specific year from the following (most web browsers support the ability to search a list of publications by pressing Ctrl-F):
- Burns, J. J. 1981. Bearded Seal. Pages 145–170 in S. H. Ridgway, and R. J. Harrison, editors. Handbook of Marine Mammals: Volume 2 Seals. Academic Press, London.
- Franzmann, A. W., A. Flynn, C. C. Schwartz, D. G. Calkins, and L. Nichols. 1981. Beta-endorphon levels in blood from selected Alaskan mammals. Journal of Wildlife Diseases 17(4):593–596.
- Frost, K. J. 1981. Descriptive key to the otoliths of Gadid fishes of the Bering, Chukchi, and Beaufort seas. Arctic 34:55–59.
- Frost, K. J., and L. F. Lowry. 1981. Foods and trophic relationships of cetaceans in the Bering Sea. Pages 825–836 in The Eastern Bering Sea Shelf: Oceanography and Resources. Vol. 2, D. W. Hood and J. A. Calder, eds. University of Washington Press, Seattle, Washington, USA.
- Frost, K. J., and L. F. Lowry. 1981. Ringed, Baikal, and Caspian seals. Pages 29-54 in Handbook of Marine Mammals. Vol. 2. Seals, R. J. Harrison, and S. H. Ridgway, eds. Academic Press, London.
- Frost, K. J., and L. F. Lowry. 1981. Trophic importance of some marine gadids in northern Alaska and their body-otolith size relationships. Fishery Bulletin 79:187–192.
- Lowry, L. F., and K. J. Frost. 1981. Distribution, growth, and foods of arctic cod (Boreogadus saida) in the Bering, Chukchi, and Beaufort seas. Canadian Field-Naturalist 95:186–191.
- Lowry, L. F., and K. J. Frost. 1981. Feeding and trophic relationships of phocid seals and walruses in the eastern Bering Sea. Pages 813–824 in The Eastern Bering Sea Shelf: Oceanography and Resources. Vol. 2, D. W. Hood and J. A. Calder, eds. University of Washington Press, Seattle, Washington, USA.
- Pitcher, K. W. 1981. Prey of the Steller sea lion, Eumetopias jubatus, in the Gulf of Alaska. Fishery Bulletin 79(3):467–472.
- Pitcher, K. W., and D. C. McAllister. 1981. Movements and haulout behavior of radio-tagged harbor seals, Phoca vitulina. Canadian Field-Naturalist 95(3):292–297.
- Pitcher, K. W., and D. G. Calkins. 1981. Reproductive biology of Steller sea lions in the Gulf of Alaska. Journal of Mammalogy 62(3):599–605.