Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Wildlife Professional Publications
Articles Published in Science and Management Journals
This list provides citations for journal and other externally-published articles and theses written by ADF&G Division of Wildlife Conservation staff and others working on ADF&G wildlife research, except Marine Mammals program publications.
- Bowyer, R. T., J. G. Kie, D. K. Person, and K. L. Monteith. 2013. Metrics of predation: Perils of predator-prey ratios. Acta Theriologica DOI 10.1007/s13364-013-0133-1.
- Cameron, R. D., B. Griffith, L. S. Parrett, and R. G. White. 2013. Efficacy of calf:cow ratios for estimating calf production of arctic caribou. B. Ahman, editor. Proceedings of the 13th Arctic Ungulate Conference, Yellowknife, Canada, 22-26 August 2011. Rangifer 33(Special Issue 21):27-34.
- Colson, K. E., T. J. Brinkman, D. K. Person, and K. J. Hundertmark. 2013. Fine-scale social and spatial genetic structure in Sitka black-tailed deer. Conservation Genetics 14:439–449.
- Coltrane, J. A., and R. Sinnott 2013. Winter home range and habitat use by porcupines in Alaska. The Journal of Wildlife Management 77(3): 505–513.
- Gardner, C. L., K. B. Beckmen, N. J. Pamperin, and P. Del Vecchio. 2013. Experimental treatment of dog lice infestation in Interior Alaska wolf packs. Journal of Wildlife Management 77(3):626-632.
- Lauper, M., I. Lechner, P. S. Barboza, W. B. Collins, J. Hummel, D. Codron, and M. Clauss. 2013. Rumination of different-sized particles in muskoxen (Ovibos moschatus) and moose (Alces alces) on grass and browse diets, and implications for rumination in different ruminant feeding types. Mammalian Biology 78:142–152.
- Nadler, S. A., Eu. T. Lyons, C. Pagan, D. Hyman, Ed. E. Lewis, K. Beckmen, C. Bell, A. Castinel, R. L. DeLong, P. J. Duignan, C. Farinpour, K. Burek Huntington, T. Kuiken, D. Morgades, S. Naem, R. Norman, C. Parker, P. Ramos, T. R. Spraker, and B. Berón-Vera. 2013. Molecular Systematics of Pinniped Hookworms: Species Delimitation, Host Associations, and Host-Induced Morphometric Variation. International Journal for Parasitology 43(14):1119-1132.
- Peirce, J. M., E. O. Otis, M. S. Wipfli, and E. H. Follmann. 2013. Interactions between brown bears and chum salmon at McNeil River, Alaska. Ursus 24(1):42-53.
- Person, D. K., and T. J. Brinkman. 2013. Succession debt and roads: Long-term consequences of harvesting timber on a wolf-deer predator-prey ecological community in Southeast Alaska. Pages 141–157 in G. Orians, and J. Schoen, editors. Northern Pacific temperate rainforests: Ecology and conservation. University of Washington Press, Seattle.
- Prichard, A. K., D. A. Yokel, C. L. Rea, B. T. Person, and L. S. Parrett. 2013 [early view first published online 31 October 2013]. The effect of frequency of telemetry locations on movement-rate calculations in Arctic caribou. Wildlife Society Bulletin doi/10.1002/wsb.357.
- Schmidt, J. H., and T. S. Gorn. 2013. Possible secondary population-level effects of selective harvest of adult male muskoxen. PLoS ONE 8(6): e67493. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0067493.
- Tessler, D.F. and S.L. Kuzmin. 2013. Amphibians and reptiles of the Arctic. Pages 182–191 [In] Arctic Biodiversity Assessment, Meltofte, H. (Ed.), Special Publication of the Arctic Council, Conservation of Arctic Flora and Fauna (CAFF) International Secretariat, Akureyri, Iceland.