Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Wildlife Professional Publications
Articles Published in Science and Management Journals
This list provides citations for journal and other externally-published articles and theses written by ADF&G Division of Wildlife Conservation staff and others working on ADF&G wildlife research, except Marine Mammals program publications.
- Arthur, S. M. 2009. Review of The return of caribou to Ungava by A. T. Bergerud, S. N. Luttich, and L. Camps. Quarterly Review of Biology 84(3):317–318.
- Boertje, R. D., M. A. Keech, D. D. Young, K. A. Kellie, and C. T. Seaton. 2009. Managing for elevated yield of moose in Interior Alaska. (PDF 192 kB) Journal of Wildlife Management 73(3):314–327.
- Brinkman, T. J., T. Chapin, G. Kofinas, and D. K. Person. 2009. Linking hunter knowledge with forest change to understand changing deer harvest opportunities in intensively logged landscapes. Ecology and Society 14(1):http://www.ecologyandsociety.org/vol14/iss1/art36/.
- Britton, K., V. Grimes, J. Dau, and M. P. Richards. 2009. Reconstructing faunal migrations using intra-tooth sampling and strontium and oxygen isotope analyses: A case study of modern caribou (Rangifer tarandus granti). Journal of Archaeological Science 36:1163–1172.
- Flynn, R. W., and T. V. Schumacher. 2009. Temporal changes in population dynamics of American martens. Journal of Wildlife Management 73(8):1269–1281.
- Hastings, K. K., T. S. Gelatt, and J. C. King. 2009. Postbranding Survival of Steller Sea Lion Pups at Lowrie Island in Southeast Alaska. The Journal of Wildlife Management 73(7): 1040–1051.
- Kenward, R., R. Sharp, B. Manos, S. Arampatzis, S. Brainerd, Y. Lecocq, K. Wollscheid, and F. Reimoser. 2009. Conservation from use of biodiversity and ecosystem services. Pages 68–83 in Proceedings of the XXIX International Union of Game Biologists Congress, Moscow, Russia.
- McDonough, T. J., and L. E. Olson. 2009. First record of a least weasel, Mustela nivalis, on the Kenai Peninsula, Alaska. Northwestern Naturalist 90:256–258.
- Person, D. K., and A. L. Russell. 2009. Reproduction and den site selection by wolves in a disturbed landscape. Northwest Science 83(3):211–224.
- Quakenbush, L. T., R. Shideler, and G. York. 2009. Radio frequency identification tags for grizzly and polar bear research. Coastal Marine Institute, Final Report, OCS Study MMS 2009-004, University of Alaska Fairbanks.
- Titus, K., T. L. Haynes, and T. F. Paragi. 2009. The importance of moose, caribou, deer, and small game in the diets of Alaskans. Pages 137–143 in R. T. Watson, M. Fuller, M. Pokras, and G. Hunt, editors. Ingestion of spent lead ammunition: Implications for wildlife and humans. Proceedings of the conference Ingestion of Lead from Spent Ammunition: Implications for Wildlife and Humans, Boise State University, Idaho, 12–15 May 2008. The Peregrine Fund.
- White, K. S., G. W. Pendleton, and E. Hood. 2009. Effects of snow on Sitka black-tailed deer browse availability and nutritional carrying capacity in Southeastern Alaska. Journal of Wildlife Management 73(4):481–487.
- Wobeser, G., T. Bollinger, A. Neimanis, and K. B. Beckmen. 2009. Dermoid cysts in caribou. Journal of Wildlife Diseases 45(2):505–507.