Wildlife Professional Publications
Articles Published in Science and Management Journals
This list provides citations for journal and other externally-published articles and theses written by ADF&G Division of Wildlife Conservation staff and others working on ADF&G wildlife research, except Marine Mammals program publications.
- Adams, L. G., R. O. Stephenson, B. W. Dale, R. T. Ahgook, and D. J. Demma. 2008. Population dynamics and harvest characteristics of wolves in the central Brooks Range, Alaska. (PDF 545 kB) Wildlife Monographs 170.
- Dale, B. W., L. G. Adams, W. B. Collins, K. Joly, P. Valkenburg, and R. Tobey. 2008. Stochastic and compensatory effects limit persistence of variation in body mass of young caribou. Journal of Mammalogy 89(5):1130–1135.
- Guzzetti, B. M., S. L. Talbot, D. E. Tessler, V. A. Gill, and E. C. Murphy. 2008. Secrets in the eyes of Black Oystercatchers: A new sexing technique. Journal of Field Ornithology 79(2):215–223.
- Kirchhoff, M. D., and D. K. Person. 2008. The Alaska perspective: Deer populations in the presence of wolves. Pages 171–179 in A. J. Gaston, T. E. Golumbia, J.-L. Martin, and S. T. Sharpe, editors. Lessons from the Islands: Introduced species and what they tell us about how ecosystems work, Proceedings from the Research Group on Introduced Species 2002 Symposium, Queen Charlotte City, British Columbia, 1–5 October 2002. Canadian Wildlife Service, Special Publication, Environment Canada, Ottawa.
- McDonough, T. J., and J. S. Selinger. 2008. Mountain goat management on the Kenai Peninsula, Alaska: A new direction. Northern Wild Sheep and Goat Council 16:50–67.
- Nelson, J., D. Cottam, E. W. Holman, D. J. Lancaster, S. McCorquodale, and D. K. Person. 2008. Habitat guidelines for black-tailed deer: Coastal rainforest ecoregion. Mule Deer Working Group, Western Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies.
- Pamperin, N. J. 2008. Winter movements of arctic foxes in northern Alaska measured by satellite telemetry. Master's thesis, University of Alaska Fairbanks.
- Pamperin, N. J., E. H. Follmann, and B. T. Person. 2008. Sea-ice use by arctic foxes in northern Alaska. Polar Biology 31:1421–1426.
- Person, D. K., and A. L. Russell. 2008. Correlates of mortality in an exploited wolf population. Journal of Wildlife Management 72(7):1540–1549.
- Prugh, L. R., S. M. Arthur, and C. E. Ritland. 2008. Use of faecal genotyping to determine individual diet. Wildlife Biology 14:318–330.
- Tessler, D. F. 2008. Arctic and coastal tundra; and northern Boreal forest. Pages 62–76 in D. S. Pilliod, and E. Wind, editors. Habitat Management Guidelines for Amphibians and Reptiles of the Northwestern United States and Western Canada. Partners in Amphibian and Reptile Conservation, Technical Publication HMG-4, Birmingham, Alabama.
- Wendling, B. R. 2008. Effects of military overflights on habitat use and selection by female Dall's sheep, Yukon–Tanana uplands, Alaska. Master's thesis, University of Alaska Fairbanks.
- Whitman, J. S. 2008. Post-fledging estimation of annual productivity in Boreal owls based on prey detritus mass. Journal of Raptor Research 42(1):58–60.
- Young, D. D. Jr., and R. D. Boertje. 2008. Recovery of low bull:cow ratios of moose in Interior Alaska. (PDF 108 kB) Alces 44:65–71.