Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Wildlife Professional Publications
Articles Published in Science and Management Journals
This list provides citations for journal and other externally-published articles and theses written by ADF&G Division of Wildlife Conservation staff and others working on ADF&G wildlife research, except Marine Mammals program publications.
- Boertje, R. D., K. A. Kellie, C. T. Seaton, M. A. Keech, D. D. Young, B. W. Dale, L. G. Adams, and A. R. Aderman. 2007. Ranking Alaska moose nutrition: Signals to begin liberal antlerless harvests. (PDF 366 kB) Journal of Wildlife Management 71(5):1494-1506.
- Brinkman, T. J., G. P. Kofinas, F. S. Chapin III, and D. K. Person. 2007. Influence of hunter adaptability on resilience of subsistence hunting systems. Journal of Ecological Anthropology 11:58–63.
- Fortin, J. K., S. D. Farley, K. D. Rode, and C. T. Robbins. 2007. Dietary and spatial overlap between sympatric ursids relative to salmon use. Ursus 18(1):19-29.
- Golden, H. N., A. M. Christ, and E. K. Solomon. 2007. Spatiotemporal analysis of wolverine Gulo gulo harvest in Alaska. (PDF 959 kB) Wildlife Biology 13(2):68–75.
- Golden, H. N., J. D. Henry, E. F. Becker, M. I. Goldstein, J. M. Morton, D. Frost Sr, and A. J. Poe. 2007. Estimating wolverine Gulo gulo population size using quadrat sampling of tracks in snow. (PDF 829 kB) Wildlife Biology 13(2):52–61.
- Hood, E., A. Miller, and K. White. 2007. Effects of moose foraging on soil nutrient dynamics in the Gustavus forelands, Alaska. Pages 20–24 in J. F. Piatt, and S. M. Gende, editors. Proceedings of the Fourth Glacier Bay Science Symposium, 26–28 October 2004. U.S. Geological Survey, Scientific Investigations Report 2007-5047.
- Jacobson, C. A., D. J. Decker, and L. Carpenter. 2007. Securing alternative funding for wildlife management: insights from agency leaders. The Journal of Wildlife Management 71(6): 2106–2113.
- Joly, K., P. Bente, and J. Dau. 2007. Response of overwintering caribou to burned habitat in Northwest Alaska. Arctic 60(4):401–410.
- Kutz, S. J., I. Asmundsson, E. P. Hoberg, G. D. Appleyard, E. J. Jenkins, K. Beckmen, M. Branigan, L. Butler, N. B. Chilton, D. Cooley, B. Elkin, F. Huby-Chilton, D. Johnson, A. Kuchboev, J. Nagy, M. Oakley, L. Polley, R. Popko, A. Scheer, M. Simard, and A. Veitch. 2007. Serendipitous discovery of a novel protostrongylid (Nematoda: Metastrongyloidea) in caribou, muskoxen, and moose from high latitudes of North America based on DNA sequence comparisons. Canadian Journal of Zoology 85:1143–1156.
- Paragi, T. F. 2007. Book reviews. The Journal of Wildlife Management 71(1): 293–294.
- Paragi, T. F. 2007. Review of Changing tracks: Predators and politics in Mt. McKinley National Park by T. Rawson (2003) and Last great wilderness: The campaign to establish the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge by R. Kaye (2006). Journal of Wildlife Management 71:293–294.
- Paragi, T. F., and D. A. Haggstrom. 2007. Short-term responses of aspen to fire and mechanical treatments in Interior Alaska. (PDF 19 kB) Northern Journal of Applied Forestry 24(2):153–157.
- Peirce, J. M. 2007. Relationships between brown bears and chum salmon at McNeil River, Alaska. Master's thesis, University of Alaska Fairbanks.
- Person, B. T., A. K. Prichard, G. M. Carroll, D. A. Yokel, R. S. Suydam, and J. C. George. 2007. Distribution and movements of the Teshekpuk caribou herd 1990–2005: Prior to oil and gas development. Arctic 60(3):238–250.
- Reynolds, M. H., and J. J. Citta 2007. Postfledging survival of Laysan ducks. The Journal of Wildlife Management 71(2): 383–388.
- Rode, K. D., S. D. Farley, J. Fortin, and C. T. Robbins. 2007. Nutritional consequences of experimentally introduced tourism in brown bears. The Journal of Wildlife Management 71(3): 929–939.
- Smith, W. P., and D. K. Person. 2007. Estimated persistence of northern flying squirrel populations in temperate rain forest fragments of Southeast Alaska. Biological Conservation 137:626–636.
- Titus, K. 2007. Intensive management of wolves and ungulates in Alaska. (PDF 569 kB) Transactions of the 72nd North American Wildlife and Natural Resources Conference 72:366–377.
- Van Daele, L. J. 2007. Population dynamics and management of brown bears on Kodiak Island, Alaska. (PDF 2,135 kB) PhD dissertation. University of Idaho, Moscow.
- White, K. S., N. Barten, and J. Crouse. 2007. Ecology of moose on the Gustavus forelands: Population irruption, nutritional limitation, and conservation implications. Pages 25–28 in J. F. Piatt, and S. M. Gende, editors. Proceedings of the Fourth Glacier Bay Science Symposium, 26–28 October 2004. U.S. Geological Survey, Scientific Investigations Report 2007-5047.