Wildlife Professional Publications
Articles Published in Science and Management Journals
This list provides citations for journal and other externally-published articles and theses written by ADF&G Division of Wildlife Conservation staff and others working on ADF&G wildlife research, except Marine Mammals program publications.
- Farmer, C. J., D. K. Person, and R. T. Bowyer. 2006. Risk factors and mortality of black-tailed deer in a managed forest landscape. Journal of Wildlife Management 70(5):1403–1415.
- Lewis, S. B., K. Titus, and M. R. Fuller. 2006. Northern goshawk diet during the nesting season in Southeast Alaska. The Journal of Wildlife Management 70(4): 1151–1160.
- McDonough, T. J., J. R. Crye, and G. G. Del Frate. 2006. Can horn length of mountain goats be used as a measure of habitat quality? Northern Wild Sheep and Goat Council 15:158–166.
- McNay, M. E., T. R. Stephenson, and B. W. Dale. 2006. Diagnosing pregnancy, in utero litter size, and fetal growth with ultrasound in wild, free-ranging wolves. Journal of Mammalogy 87(1):85–92.
- Obermeyer, K. E., K. S. White, and M. F. Willson. 2006. Influence of salmon on the nesting ecology of American Dippers in Southeastern Alaska. Northwest Science 80(1):26–33.
- Pamperin, N. J., E. H. Follmann, and B. Petersen. 2006. Interspecific killing of an arctic fox by a red fox at Prudhoe Bay, Alaska. Arctic 59(4):361–364.
- Paragi, T. 2006. Coming of age: The Alaska northern forest cooperative. Western Forester 51(1):10–11.
- Paragi, T. F., S. Rupp, and J. Little. 2006. Modeling outcomes of hazardous fuel reduction near Fairbanks, Alaska. Western Forester 51(6):12–13.
- Peirce, K. N., and Van Daele, L. J. 2006. Use of a garbage dump by brown bears in Dillingham, Alaska. Ursus 17(2):165-177.
- Suring, L. H., S. D. Farley, G. V. Hilderbrand, M. I. Goldstein, S. Howlin, and Wallace P. Erickson. 2006. Patterns of landscape use by female brown bears on the Kenai Peninsula, Alaska. The Journal of Wildlife Management 70(6): 1580–1587.
- White, K. S. 2006. Seasonal and sex-specific variation in terrain use and movement patterns of mountain goats in southeastern Alaska. Northern Wild Sheep and Goat Council 15:183–193.
- Young, D. D. Jr., R. D. Boertje, C. T. Seaton, and K. A. Kellie. 2006. Intensive management of moose at high density: Impediments, achievements, and recommendations. (PDF 1,476 kB) Alces 42:41–48.
- Zarnke, R. L., J. M. Ver Hoef, and R. A. DeLong. 2006. Geographic pattern of serum antibody prevalence for Brucella spp. in caribou, grizzly bears, and wolves from Alaska, 1975–1998. Journal of Wildlife Diseases 42:570–577.
- Zarnke, R. L., J. T. Saliki, A. P. Macmillan, S. D. Brew, C. E. Dawson, J. M. Ver Hoef, K. J. Frost, and R. J. Small. 2006. Serologic survey for Brucella spp., phocid herpesvirus-1, phocid herpesvirus-2, and phocine distemper virus in harbor seals from Alaska, 1976–1999. Journal of Wildlife Diseases 42(2):290–300.