Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Wildlife Professional Publications
Articles Published in Science and Management Journals
This list provides citations for journal and other externally-published articles and theses written by ADF&G Division of Wildlife Conservation staff and others working on ADF&G wildlife research, except Marine Mammals program publications.
- Arthur, S. M., K. R. Whitten, F. J. Mauer, and D. Cooley. 2003. Modeling the decline of the Porcupine caribou herd, 1989–1998: The importance of survival vs. recruitment. Rangifer, Special Issue 14:123–130.
- Beckmen, K. B., J. E. Blake, G. M. Ylitalo, J. L. Stott, and T. M. O'Hara. 2003. Organchlorine contaminant exposure and associations with hematological and humoral immune functional assays with dam age as a factor in free-ranging northern fur seal pups (Callorhinus ursinus). Marine Pollution Bulletin 46:594–606.
- Copeland, J. P., and J. S. Whitman. 2003. Wolverine. Pages 672–682 in G. A. Feldhamer, B. C. Thompson, and J. A. Chapman, editors. Wild mammals of North America. Biology, Management, and Economics. Second Edition, Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, Maryland.
- Hayes, R. D., R. Farnell, R. M. P. Ward, J. Carey, M. Dehn, G. W. Kuzyk, A. M. Baer, C. L. Gardner, and M. O'Donoghue. 2003. Experimental reduction of wolves in the Yukon: Ungulate responses and management implications. (PDF 1,507 kB) Wildlife Monographs 152.
- Miller, S. D., R. A. Sellers, and J. A. Keay. 2003. Effects of hunting on brown bear cub survival and litter size in Alaska. Ursus 14(2):130–152
- O'Hara, T. M., J. C. George, J. Blake, K. Burek, G. Carroll, J. Dau, L. Bennett, C. P. McCoy, P. Gerard, and V. Woshner. 2003. Investigation of heavy metals in a large mortality event in caribou of northern Alaska. Arctic 56(2):125–135.
- Oakley, M., R. Farnell, D. E. Russell, C. L. Gardner, and R. G. White. 2003. Calving in captivity: Protocol and efficacy of a field application to raise recruitment of a threatened woodland caribou population. 11th Arctic Ungulate Conference, Saariselka, Finland, 24–28 August 2003. Rangifer No. 7.
- Prichard, A. K., G. M. Carroll, J. C. George, S. M. Murphy, M. D. Smith, R. S. Suydam, and D. A. Yokel. 2003. Use of satellite telemetry data, GIS, and HTML to create an interactive display of caribou movements. Rangifer, Special Issue 14:101–102.
- Prichard, A. K., G. M. Carroll, J. C. George, S. M. Murphy, M. D. Smith, R. S. Suydam, and D. A. Yokel. 2003. Use of satellite telemetry to evaluate movements of caribou within subsistence hunting areas in northern Alaska. Rangifer, Special Issue 14:81–87.
- Sellers, R. A., P. Valkenburg, R. C. Squibb, B. W. Dale, and R. L. Zarnke. 2003. Natality and calf mortality of the Northern Alaska Peninsula and Southern Alaska Peninsula caribou herds. (PDF 201 kB) Rangifer, Special Issue 14:161–166.
- Valkenburg, P., R. A. Sellers, R. C. Squibb, J. D. Woolington, A. R. Aderman, and B. W. Dale. 2003. Population dynamics of caribou herds in southwestern Alaska. (PDF 331 kB) Rangifer, Special Issue 14:131–142.
- Valkenburg, P., R. W. Tobey, B. W. Dale, B. D. Scotton, and J. M. Ver Hoef. 2003. Body size of female calves and natality rates of known-aged females in two adjacent Alaskan caribou herds, and implications for management. Rangifer, Special Issue 14:203–209.
- Whitman, J. S. 2003. Age structure difference in American mink, Mustela vison, populations under varying harvest regimes. Canadian Field-Naturalist 117:35–38.