Wildlife Professional Publications
Articles Published in Science and Management Journals
This list provides citations for journal and other externally-published articles and theses written by ADF&G Division of Wildlife Conservation staff and others working on ADF&G wildlife research, except Marine Mammals program publications.
- Biek, R., R. L. Zarnke, C. Gillin, M. Wild, J. R. Squires, and M. Poss. 2002. Serologic survey for viral and bacterial infections in western populations of Canada lynx (Lynx canadensis). Journal of Wildlife Diseases 38(4):840–845.
- Hundertmark, K. J., G. F. Shields, R. T. Bowyer, and C. C. Schwartz. 2002. Genetic relationships deduced from cytochrome-b sequences among moose. (PDF 151 kB) Alces 38:113–122.
- Lenart, E. A., R. T. Bowyer, J. Ver Hoef, and R. W. Ruess. 2002. Climate change and caribou: Effects of summer weather on forage. Canadian Journal of Zoology 80:664–678.
- McNay, M. E. 2002. Wolf–human interactions in Alaska and Canada: A review of the case history. Wildlife Society Bulletin 30:831–843.
- Reynolds, P. E., H. V. Reynolds, and R. T. Shideler. 2002. Predation and multiple kills of muskoxen by grizzly bears. Ursus 13:79–84.
- Rydell, J., D. I. Parker McNeill, and J. Eklof. 2002. Capture success of little brown bats (Myotis lucifugus) feeding on mosquitoes. Journal of Zoology (London) 256:379–381.
- Schwartz, C. C., K. A. Keating, H. V. Reynolds III, V. G. Barnes, Jr., R. A. Sellers, E. S. Jon, S. D. Miller, B. N. McLellan, J. Keay, R. McCann, M. Gibeau, W. F. Wakkinen, R. D. Mace, W. Kasworm, R. Smith, and S. Herrero. 2003. Reproductive maturation and senescence in the female brown bear. Ursus 14(2):109-119.
- Seaton, C. T. 2002. Winter foraging ecology of moose in the Tanana Flats and Alaska Range foothills. (PDF 1,025 kB) Master's thesis. University of Alaska Fairbanks, Alaska.
- Stone, K. D., R. W. Flynn, and J. A. Cook. 2002. Post-glacial colonization of northwestern North America by the forest-associated American marten (Martes americana, Mammalia: Carnivora: Mustelidae). Molecular Ecology 11:2049–2063.
- Suring, L. H., and G. D. Frate. 2002. Spatial analysis of locations of brown bears killed in defense of life or property on the Kenai Peninsula, Alaska, USA. Ursus 13:237-245.
- White, K. S., H. N. Golden, K. J. Hundertmark, and G. R. Lee. 2002. Predation by wolves, Canis lupus, on wolverines, Gulo gulo, and an American marten, Martes americana, in Alaska. Canadian Field-Naturalist 116:132–134.
- Zarnke, R. L., H. Li, and T. B. Crawford. 2002. Serum antibody prevalence of malignant catarrhal fever viruses in seven wildlife species from Alaska. Journal of Wildlife Diseases 38:500–504.