Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Wildlife Professional Publications
Articles Published in Science and Management Journals
This list provides citations for journal and other externally-published articles and theses written by ADF&G Division of Wildlife Conservation staff and others working on ADF&G wildlife research, except Marine Mammals program publications.
- O'Hara, T. M., G. Carroll, P. Barboza, K. Mueller, J. Blake, V. Woshner, and C. Willetto. 2001. Mineral and heavy metal status as related to a mortality event and poor recruitment in a moose population in Alaska. Journal of Wildlife Diseases 37(3):509–522.
- Person, D. K., R. T. Bowyer, and V. Van Ballenberghe. 2001. Density dependence of ungulates and functional responses of wolves: Effects on predator-prey ratios. Alces 37(2):253–273.
- Stephenson, R. O., S. C. Gerlach, R. D. Guthrie, C. R. Harington, R. O. Mills, and G. Hare. 2001. Wood bison in late Holocene Alaska and adjacent Canada: Paleontological, archaeological and historical records. Pages 124–158 in S. C. Gerlach, and M. S. Murray, editors. People and wildlife in northern North America: Essays in honor of R. Dale Guthrie. BAR International Series 944, Archaeopress, Oxford, England.
- Valkenburg, P. 2001. Stumbling towards enlightenment: Understanding caribou dynamics. Alces 37(2):457–474.
- Van Daele, L. J., J. R. Morgart, M. T. Hinkes, S. D. Kovach, J. W. Denton, and R. H. Kaycon. 2001. Grizzlies, Eskimos, and biologists: Cross-cultural bear management in southwest Alaska. Ursus 12:141-152.
- Ver Hoef, J. M., P. Valkenburg, and J. R. Dau. 2001. Modeling growth of mandibles in the Western Arctic caribou herd. Rangifer 21(1):29–34.
- White, K. S., and J. Berger. 2001. Antipredator strategies of Alaskan moose: Are maternal trade-offs influenced by offspring activity? (PDF 192 kB) Canadian Journal of Zoology 79:2055–2062.
- Whitman, J. S. 2001. Diets of nesting Boreal owls, Aegolius funereus, in western Interior Alaska. Canadian Field-Naturalist 115:476–479.
- Zarnke, R. L., J. Evermann, J. M. Ver Hoef, M. E. McNay, R. D. Boertje, C. L. Gardner, L. G. Adams, B. W. Dale, and J. Burch. 2001. Serologic survey for canine coronavirus in wolves from Alaska. Journal of Wildlife Diseases 37(4):740–745.
- Zarnke, R. L., J. P. Dubey, J. M. Ver Hoef, M. E. McNay, and O. C. H. Kwok. 2001. Serologic survey for Toxoplasma gondii in lynx from Interior Alaska. Journal of Wildlife Diseases 37(1):36–38.