Wildlife Professional Publications
Articles Published in Science and Management Journals
This list provides citations for journal and other externally-published articles and theses written by ADF&G Division of Wildlife Conservation staff and others working on ADF&G wildlife research, except Marine Mammals program publications.
- Arthur, S. M., and C. C. Schwartz. 1999. Effects of sample size on accuracy and precision of brown bear home range models. Ursus 11:139–148.
- Beckmen, K. B. 1999. Blood organochlorines, immune function and health of free-ranging northern fur seal pups (Callorhinus ursinus). Doctoral dissertation, University of Alaska Fairbanks.
- Cronin, M., R. Shideler, J. Hechtel, C. Strobeck, and D. Paetkau. 1999. Genetic relationships of grizzly bears (Ursus arctos) in the Prudhoe Bay region of Alaska: Inference from microsatellite DNA, mitochondrial DNA, and field observations. Journal of Heredity 90(6):622–628.
- Dau, J., J. W. Coady, L. A. Ayres, P. J. Bente, G. M. Carroll, and S. Machida. 1999. Status and factors affecting the Western Arctic caribou herd. Rangifer Report 4:65–66.
- Heimer, W. E. 1999. Wolf management in Alaska's intact ecosystems: An observer's review, critique, and functional prescription. Pages 311–339 in Transactions from the second North American wild sheep conference, Reno, Nevada, 6–9 April 1999.
- Hickey, J. R., R. W. Flynn, S. W. Buskirk, K. G. Gerow, and M. F. Willson. 1999. An evaluation of a mammalian predator, Martes americana, as a disperser of seeds. OIKOS 87(3):499–508.
- Keech, M. A., R. D. Boertje, R. T. Bowyer, and B. W. Dale. 1999. Effects of birth weight on growth of young moose: Do low-weight neonates compensate? Alces 35:51–57.
- Kellie, K. A. 1999. Cranial variation in the Kodiak brown bear (Ursus arctos middendorffi): Implications of age prediction. Senior honors thesis, University of Alaska Fairbanks.
- O'Hara, T. M., G. M. Carroll, L. Ballweber, J. E. Blake, C. Willetto, G. Rinker, and R. E. Haugerud. 1999. Health and pregnancy status of the Colville River, Alaska, moose during and following a population decline and poor recruitment in 1996–97. Rangifer Report 4:48–49.
- Schwartz, C. C., and S. M. Arthur. 1999. Radiotracking large wilderness mammals: Integration of GPS and ARGOS technology. Ursus 11:261–274.
- Valkenburg, P., R. W. Tobey, and D. Kirk. 1999. Velocity of tranquilizer darts and capture mortality of caribou calves. Wildlife Society Bulletin 27(4):894–896.
- Zarnke, R. L., D. E. Worley, J. M. Ver Hoef, and M. E. McNay. 1999. Trichinella sp. in wolves from Interior Alaska. Journal of Wildlife Diseases 35(1):94–97.