Wildlife Professional Publications
Articles Published in Science and Management Journals
This list provides citations for journal and other externally-published articles and theses written by ADF&G Division of Wildlife Conservation staff and others working on ADF&G wildlife research, except Marine Mammals program publications.
- Ballard, W. B., L. A. Ayres, P. R. Krausman, D. J. Reed, and S. G. Fancy. 1997. Ecology of wolves in relation to a migratory caribou herd in Northwest Alaska. Wildlife Monographs 135.
- Ben-David, M., R. W. Flynn, and D. M. Schell. 1997. Annual and seasonal changes in diets of martens: Evidence from stable isotope analysis. Oecologia 111:280–291.
- Brainerd, S. M. 1997. Habitat selection and range use by the Eurasian pine marten (Martes martes) in relation to commercial forestry practices in southern boreal Scandinavia. Doctor Scientiarum Theses, Agricultural University of Norway, Ås.
- Gerhart, K. L., D. E. Russell, D. van de Wetering, R. G. White, and R. D. Cameron. 1997. Pregnancy of adult caribou (Rangifer tarandus): Evidence for lactational infertility. Journal of Zoology (London) 242:17–30.
- Lenart, E. A. 1997. Climate and caribou: Effects of summer weather on the Chisana caribou herd. Master's thesis, University of Alaska Fairbanks.
- Miller, S. D., G. C. White, R. A. Sellers, H. V. Reynolds, J. W. Schoen, K. Titus, V. G. Barnes, Jr., R. B. Smith, R. R. Nelson, W. B. Ballard, and C. C. Schwartz. 1997. Brown and black bear density estimation in Alaska using radiotelemetry and replicated mark-resight techniques. Wildlife Monographs 133.
- Paragi, T. F., W. N. Johnson, D. D. Katnik, and A. J. Magoun. 1997. Selection of post-fire seres by lynx and snowshoe hares in the Alaskan taiga. Northwestern Naturalist 78:77–86.
- Parker, D. I., B. E. Lawhead, and J. A. Cook. 1997. Distributional limits of bats in Alaska. Arctic 50(3):256–265.