Wildlife Professional Publications
Articles Published in Science and Management Journals
This list provides citations for journal and other externally-published articles and theses written by ADF&G Division of Wildlife Conservation staff and others working on ADF&G wildlife research, except Marine Mammals program publications.
- Arthur, S. M., B. F. J. Manly, L. L. McDonald, and G. W. Garner. 1996. Assessing habitat selection when availability changes. Ecology 77:215–227.
- Boertje, R. D., P. Valkenburg, and M. E. McNay. 1996. Increases in moose, caribou, and wolves following wolf control in Alaska. (PDF 382 kB) Journal of Wildlife Management 60(3):474–489.
- Cameron, R. D., and J. M. Ver Hoef. 1996. Declining abundance of calving caribou in an arctic oil field complex. The Wildlife Society, Northwest Section Meeting, 29–31 March 1996, Banff, Alberta.
- Cameron, R. D., and R. G. White. 1996. Importance of summer weight gain to the reproductive success of caribou in Arctic Alaska. Rangifer, Special Issue 9:397.
- Gerhart, K. L., R. G. White, R. D. Cameron, and D. E. Russell. 1996. Body composition and nutrient reserves of arctic caribou. Canadian Journal of Zoology 74:136–146.
- Gerhart, K. L., R. G. White, R. D. Cameron, and D. E. Russell. 1996. Estimating fat content of caribou from body condition scores. Journal of Wildlife Management 60(4):713–718.
- Haggstrom, D. A., and D. G. Kelleyhouse. 1996. Silviculture and wildlife relationships in the boreal forest of Interior Alaska. The Forestry Chronicle 72(1):59–62.
- Heimer, W. E. 1996. A new look at predator–prey interactions using a simple enzyme kinetic model. Proceedings of tenth biennial symposium, Silverthorne, Colorado, 29 April–3 May 1996. Northern Wild Sheep and Goat Council 10:14–19.
- Nellemann, C., and R. D. Cameron. 1996. Effects of petroleum development on terrain preferences of calving caribou. Arctic 49(1):23–28.
- Paragi, T. F., W. N. Johnson, D. D. Katnik, and A. J. Magoun. 1996. Marten selection of postfire seres in the Alaskan taiga. Canadian Journal of Zoology 74:2226–2237.
- Parker, D. I. 1996. Forest ecology and distribution of bats in Alaska. Master's thesis, University of Alaska Fairbanks.
- Parker, D. I., and J. A. Cook. 1996. Keen's long-eared bat, Myotis keenii, confirmed in Southeast Alaska. Canadian Field-Naturalist 110(4):611–614.
- Person, D. K., M. Kirchhoff, V. Van Ballenberghe, G. C. Iverson, and E. Grossman. 1996. The Alexander Archipelago wolf: A conservation assessment. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station, General Technical Report PNW-GTR-384, Portland, Oregon.
- Valkenburg, P., J. L. Davis, J. M. Ver Hoef, R. D. Boertje, M. E. McNay, R. M. Eagan, D. J. Reed, C. L. Gardner, and R. W. Tobey. 1996. Population decline in the Delta caribou herd with reference to other Alaskan herds. (PDF 332 kB) Rangifer, Special Issue 9:53–62.