Wildlife Professional Publications
Articles Published in Science and Management Journals
This list provides citations for journal and other externally-published articles and theses written by ADF&G Division of Wildlife Conservation staff and others working on ADF&G wildlife research, except Marine Mammals program publications.
- Ballard, W. B. 1992. Bear predation on moose: A review of recent North American studies and their management implications. (PDF 444 kB) Alces 1:162–176.
- Boertje, R. D., and R. O. Stephenson. 1992. Effects of ungulate availability on wolf reproductive potential in Alaska. Canadian Journal of Zoology 70:2441–2443.
- Cameron, R. D., D. J. Reed, J. R. Dau, and W. T. Smith. 1992. Redistribution of calving caribou in response to oil field development on the Arctic Slope of Alaska. Arctic 45(4):338–342.
- Craighead, L., E. R. Vyse, and H. V. Reyonlds III. 1994. Paternity determination with DNA fingerprinting in a grizzly bear population. Pages 529-531 in Bears: Their Biology and Management: A Selection of Papers from the Ninth International Conference on Bear Research and Management, Missoula, Montana, February 23-28, 1992. International Association for Bear Research and Management.
- Gasaway, W. C., R. D. Boertje, D. V. Grangaard, D. G. Kelleyhouse, R. O. Stephenson, and D. G. Larsen. 1992. The role of predation in limiting moose at low densities in Alaska and Yukon and implications for conservation. (PDF 1,472 kB) Wildlife Monographs 120.
- Gerhart, K. L., R. G. White, and R. D. Cameron. 1992. Estimating body composition of caribou and reindeer using bioelectrical impedance analysis and body condition scores. Rangifer 12(3):185–186.
- Heimer, W. E. 1992. Critique of carrying capacity concepts concerning Dall sheep. Proceedings of eighth biennial symposium, Cody, Wyoming, 27 April–1 May 1992. Northern Wild Sheep and Goat Council 8:111–120.
- Whitten, K. R., G. W. Garner, F. J. Mauer, and R. B. Harris. 1992. Productivity and early calf survival in the Porcupine caribou herd. Journal of Wildlife Management 56(2):201–212.