Instructor-led Bowhunter Education Course
The Instructor-led bowhunter education course is composed of two parts – a classroom session and a field session.
There are a few EASY steps to enroll in an Instructor-led bowhunter education course.
- Pick up and pay $10.00 for a bowhunter education packet at any Fish & Game office.
- Sign up in a log book for a course in your area. The Instructor-led course offerings are normally 8-hours long and typically held on a Saturday.
- Study the material in each chapter of “Today’s Bowhunter” and then complete the chapter review questions. The chapter review questions must be completed prior to attending the classroom portion of the course led by certified volunteer instructors.
- Attend the class date that you signed up for.
- Certified volunteer instructors will complete a review of course material (including Alaska specific issues). The remainder of the course will be the field session that includes a blood trailing exercise and a shooting proficiency. The final part of the Instructor-led course is completion of a 50-question multiple-choice written test. A portion of this course is outdoors so please dress accordingly.
- The student must successfully complete the blood trailing exercise, shooting proficiency, and written test to be certified. If any portion is not successfully completed, the student must sign up to take a future course.