Mobile Shooting Sports
- Shotgunning/Steel Shot Clinic
- Map & Compass Navigation Clinic
- Muzzleloader Certification
- Beginning Reloading for Centerfire Rifles
Muzzleloader Certification Course
There is a lecture and a live fire portion. Students need to pass a written test covering course materials as well as a shooting proficiency. Participants who successfully complete this clinic will obtain their SOA Muzzleloader certification card. This card is needed to participate in any Muzzleloader only hunts in Alaska.
Cash or checks payable to Outdoor Heritage Foundation.
$20.00 - Per Person. Minimum age is 10.
Up to 24 participants (depending on availability of materials and number of instructors). People need to sign up prior to the clinic and pay in advance to reserve their spot.
The clinic is either held on a Friday evening from 6PM till 9PM for the lecture portion and Saturday from 9AM till 4 PM for the field and written test OR it is a complete Saturday class held from 8AM-6PM. For the two day course, Friday is an indoor session and for Saturday, students need to dress accordingly to be outside most of the day at the range. If it is a one day class, the morning is dedicated to the indoor classroom portion and the afternoon will be used for the range time.
Whats Included in the Cost
- Eye and Ear protection
- All class materials
- All powder, primers, targets and bullets (round ball & conicals)
- Use of our .50 cal rifles (Knight in-lines). Participants are not permitted to use their own guns due to safety issues.
What the Students Need to Bring
- Pencil and note paper
- Eye and ear protection if they do not wish to use ours (range portion only)
- Good attitude
- Binoculars (optional)