Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Goat Hunting in Alaska
RG881 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2014
Hunt Number: RG881
Regulatory Year: 2014
Hunt Type: Registration
Species: Mountain Goat
Legal Animal: One (1) mountain goat, preferably male
Number of Permits: 5000 permits
Season: Sept 1 - Oct 15
- Report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov , in person, or by phone (267-2185) within 3 days of kill.
- Specimens Required: None
Report within 15 days of the close of the season.
You may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
1) PERMIT: The RG881 permit shall be in the possession of the permittee while hunting or transporting mountain goat and shall be exhibited to any person authorized to enforce state and federal laws who requests to see it. The permit is NONTRANSFERABLE.
2) WHEN: September 1 - October 15
3) WHERE: That portion of Unit 14C within the drainages of the Twentymile River, Peterson Creek, and Kern Creek. The permittee is solely responsible for securing permission to trespass on private land.
4) BAG LIMIT: One (1) mountain goat. Either sex is legal, but harvesting males is encouraged for conservation reasons. If you have killed a goat anywhere in Alaska during the current regulatory year, you are not eligible to participate in this hunt.
5) REPORTING- SUCCESSFUL hunters: Report online at http://hunt.alaska.gov, by phone to 267-2185, or bring the completed harvest report to ADFG in Anchorage, Palmer, or Soldotna within 3 days of kill.
UNSUCCESSFUL hunters or permittees who DID NOT HUNT: Report online at http://hunt.alaska.gov, in person to ADFG in Anchorage, Palmer or Soldotna, or by mail to the Anchorage office, within 15 days of the close of the season.
6) PENALTY FOR FAILURE TO REPORT: If you fail to report, you will not be eligible to receive any permits (drawing, tier II, or registration) during the next regulatory year. In addition, your name will be turned over to the Alaska Wildlife Troopers for enforcement action.
Hunt conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.