Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Goat Hunting in Alaska
RG170 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2014
Hunt Number: RG170
Regulatory Year: 2014
Hunt Type: Registration
Species: Mountain Goat
Legal Animal: 1 mountain goat
- hunters must return the completed hunt report within 5 days of kill to the ADF&G office in Yakutat or Douglas with horns attached to skull plate.
- Specimens Required: horns must be attached to skull plate
you must return the hunt report to the ADF&G office in Yakutat or Douglas, or report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov by January 15, 2015.
If you hunted unsuccessfully or did not hunt, you may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
This permit is valid for the taking of one (1) mountain goat in Unit 5 covered by Registration Hunt #RG170 in accordance with the current Alaska Hunting Regulations and conditions described below:
1. Season dates: August 1 - December 31, 2014.
2. This permit is valid for all of Unit 5 except the Nunatak Bench hunt area (see map).
3. The taking of nannies with kids is prohibited.
4. Successful hunters must present the horns attached to the skull plate for sex and age identification, and the completed hunt report to the ADF&G office in Yakutat or Douglas within five (5) days of kill.
5. All hunt reports must be returned, or reported online at http://hunt.alaska.gov by close of business January 15, 2015. If you fail to report, you will not be eligible to receive any permits (drawing, tier II and registration) during the next regulatory year. In addition, your name will be turned over to Alaska Wildlife Troopers for enforcement action.
Hunt conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.