Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Goat Hunting in Alaska
RG001 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2014
Hunt Number: RG001
Regulatory Year: 2014
Hunt Type: Registration
Species: Mountain Goat
Legal Animal: 1 mountain goat
- hunters must return the completed hunt report within 5 days of kill to the ADF&G office in Ketchikan. Horn specimen required.
- Specimens Required: horns
you must return the hunt report to the Ketchikan office, or report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov by close of business on January 15, 2015.
If you hunted unsuccessfully or did not hunt, you may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
This permit is valid for the taking of one (1) mountain goat in Unit 1(A) (except Revilla Island and the Cleveland Peninsula) or one (1) mountain goat in 1(B) south of the Bradfield Canal, or one (1) goat on Revilla Island covered by Registration Hunt # RG001 in accordance with the current Alaska Hunting Regulations and Conditions described below:
1. Season dates: August 1 - December 31, 2014.
2. Successful hunters must submit goat horns and the completed hunt report to the Ketchikan Fish and Game office for sealing within 5 days of kill.
3. The taking of nannies with kids is prohibited.
4. All hunt reports must be returned, or reported online at http://hunt.alaska.gov by close of business January 15, 2015. If you fail to report you will not be eligible to receive any permits (drawing, tier II or registration) during the next regulatory year. In addition, your name will be turned over to Alaska Wildlife Troopers for enforcement action.
5. One (1) goat may be taken in that portion of 1(A) on Revillagigedo Island EXCEPT west of Carroll Inlet and Creek, west of the divide between Carroll Creek and the south fork of Orchard Creek, south of Orchard Creek, Orchard Lake, Shrimp Bay, and Gedney Pass, and on the mainland south of Bradfield Canal to Portland Canal.
Hunt conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.