Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Goat Hunting in Alaska
RG150 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2014
Hunt Number: RG150
Regulatory Year: 2014
Hunt Type: Registration
Species: Mountain Goat
Legal Animal: 1 mountain goat
- hunters must return the completed hunt report and horns in person within 5 days to the ADF&G office in Sitka, Douglas, Petersburg or Ketchikan.
- Specimens Required: horns
you must return the hunt report to the ADF&G office in Sitka, or report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov by January 15, 2015.
If you hunted unsuccessfully or did not hunt, you may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
This permit is valid for the taking of one (1) mountain goat in Unit 4 covered by Registration Hunt #RG150 in accordance with the current Alaska Hunting Regulations and conditions described below:
1. Season dates: August 1 - December 31, 2014.
2. By signing the registration permit, the hunter acknowledges reading the ADF&G Mountain Goat Identification Quiz or taking the quiz online at:
or it can be downloaded in PDF format at:
3. Successful hunters must submit horns for age and sex identification and must return the completed hunt report to the ADF&G office in Sitka, Douglas, Petersburg or Ketchikan within five (5) days of kill.
4. The taking of nannies with kids is prohibited.
5. All hunt reports must be returned to the ADF&G office in Sitka, or reported online at http://hunt.alaska.gov by close of business January 15, 2015. If you fail to report, you will not be eligible to receive any permits (drawing, tier II and registration) during the next regulatory year. In addition, your name will be turned over to Alaska Wildlife Troopers for enforcement action.
Hunt conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.