Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Goat Hunting in Alaska
DG471 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2014
Hunt Number: DG471
Regulatory Year: 2014
Hunt Type: Draw
Legal Animal: One Mountain Goat, Either sex
Number of Permits
|Residency||Number of Permits|
|Alaska residents||Up to 35 permits|
|Nonresidents||Up to 35 permits|
8, Wild Creek - Center Mt
Aug 20 - Oct 25
- Hunt available to Alaska residents
- Hunt available to Nonresidents
- If successful, report in person or by phone to Kodiak within 2 days of completion of hunt, and permit report within 5 days
- Specimens Required: None
Unsuccessful hunters, including hunters who did not hunt, report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov or by mail within 15 days of season end
You may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
Additional Requirements and Information
- Hunters are encouraged to take male goats, taking nannies w/ kids is prohibited.
- Hunters are encouraged, but not required, to bring their goat horns into the Kodiak ADF&G office for measurement.
- A map of the permit areas will be on display at ADF&G offices in Anchorage and Kodiak.
Hunts conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.