Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Elk Hunting in Alaska
DE706 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2014
Hunt Number: DE706
Regulatory Year: 2014
Hunt Type: Draw
Legal Animal: One Antlerless Elk
Number of Permits
|Residency||Number of Permits|
|Alaska residents||Up to 40 permits|
|Nonresidents||Up to 40 permits|
8, Raspberry Island
Oct. 23- Nov. 30
- Hunt available to Nonresidents
- Hunt available to Alaska residents
- If successful, report in person or by phone to Kodiak within 2 days of end of hunt and permit report by mail within 5 days.
- Specimens Required: None
Unsuccessful hunters, including hunters who did not hunt, report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov or by mail within 15 days of season end.
You may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
Additional Requirements and Information
- Hunt Area: that portion of Unit 8 on Raspberry Island
- Access to this elk herd is by floatplane or boat. Best access points are Onion Bay and Raspberry Strait.
- Land status maps and addresses of land owners are available at http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=accessbrochures.afognakmap
Hunts conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.